Friday, October 24, 2014
At 19 years old, I was broken.
I had traveled far away from family and was dealing with incredible sadness from being far away from them.
My grand-mother had just passed away and I still couldn't get past the intense pain it was causing me.
I was probably depressed and as I said before, incredibly broken.

At 19 years old, I met a man.
He was so wrong for me.
At a time when what I needed the most was calm, peace, tranquility, I ventured into a relationship with a man who was oh so very wrong for me.

Young Us

But alas, here we are, ten years later with the man who would become my best friend, my savior, my partner, my everything.

There is a song called "Glitter in the air," by Pink.
It basically sums up my relationship with my husband.

"....Close your eyes and trust it, just trust it..."

Our relationship was rocky to say the least.
We fought, we broke up, we got back together.
I was in such a bad place and he was not interested in saving me.
Can you blame him?
I was so beyond broken, I didn't even know if I wanted to be helped.
But he stayed by me, trying his best to save me, and save me he did.

I look back at these last 10 years we have spent together and I never want to forget them.
A lot of them were bad, I won't lie about that. They were horrible, but they were ours.
We learned so much about each other, but we also learned so much more about ourselves.
We learned about tolerance, compromise, compassion, being silly, and learning to forgive.
We've shared beautiful moments, we've laughed together, and we've also sobbed in each other's arms.

We have hurt each other deeply at times, so much so that it almost ended "Us."
But we've also been each other's rock.
When the world turned on us, we have had one another to lean against.

So much has happened in these ten years together that just thinking about it makes me cry.
But you know what?
I cherish every single moment, even the bad ones.

We made a family together, and I am so proud to have him as the father of my children.
I couldn't have picked a better partner in life, even if I didn't really pick him. We sort of just existed together until we realized that we were in love.
I guess that's how it was meant to be, and I am glad it's how it happened.


Our Family

Our anniversary was last month by the way, but staying true to us, we completely forgot about it.




0 comments:

Contributors

Followers