Monday, November 9, 2009
Oh my, here I go with the ranting.
I was at the hospital the other day because Ronald had a minor back injury at work. We went about the regular routine of signing in, getting his vitals and then seeing the doctor. Afterward, we were waiting for him to be called up and get his flu shots done and do some blood-work. All was fine until the very end when we were about to leave. This lady stops me on my way out and she compliments my baby. She says "How cute, he is adorable!"
I don't mean to brag but I have to admit that I'm pretty used to comments like that. My baby is heck too adorable!
I smiled at her and thanked her, as I was about to attempt to leave again she asked me "How old is he?" "Three months" I replied. She then completely changed her happy expression and said "You need to take care of him you know?"
What?
"I do take care of him" I said.
"You shouldn't feed him too much"
Double what??
"I'm not!" I replied.
Now before you start telling me I overreacted, I just want to point out that it was not only what she said, but how she said it. In those short sentences she practically accused me of neglect and putting my baby in the path of obesity!
I know she wanted to say more, but I simply thanked her again and moved on. I know that if she had continued to pursue the conversation I would have snapped at her and would have probably given her a speech on how my baby is breastfed and he gets the right amount of food he needs.
Now, please understand that I have nothing against formula fed babies, I just consider myself lucky to have such wonderful partner who is working non-stop so that I don't have to and just dedicate myself to my baby. There is nothing stopping me and I have full support of friends, family and doctor.
That being said, I know enough to understand how breastfed babies are supposed to look like. Plump, chubby, and round. They're adorable. No, I'm not overfeeding him, he gets what he needs, and if he needs more he'll work for it and have some more.
Anyway, my rant is over now, I just wish this lady took her own advise and looked at herself in the mirror before judging my perfectly michellin baby, she wasn't exactly miss universe if you know what I mean.

0 comments:

Contributors

Followers