Sunday, January 29, 2012
Since I was a child I've always moved around.
At six years old my mother took me out of Peru to go live in Chile.
We lived in Tacna which is a city in Peru near Chile for a while, but then we had to come back.
When I was seven I lived with my aunt, when I was eight I lived with my cousins.
When I was nine I was sent to live with my father here in the US.
At fourteen, he shipped me back to my mom.
When I turned eighteen, plans were already being made for me to come back to the states.

So, as you can see, I've never been in a place for too long.
It's always been move after move since I can remember.

Today, as I was packing some boxes for our big move to our new apartment tomorrow, I was hit with sudden sadness.
I couldn't understand why I was so sad, I even cried.
Then I realized it, I've been living in this place for seven years.
Seven years of my life I've spent in this room.
I've gone through so many ups and downs, losses and gains. I grew up into the woman and mother I am now and this apartment has seen it all.
I understood that even though I was ecstatic about moving into our very own apartment, with tons of space, I was sad to leave this home.

This is a huge milestone for us and it's a great one, but I cannot deny the feeling of sadness. I've cursed at this house, at my situation, at not having enough space to do anything, but the fact of the matter is, this was my home and I will cherish all the memories I created here.

Goodbye apartment #1, I will miss you dearly.

0 comments:

Contributors

Followers