Saturday, January 28, 2012
Ok, so I'm all for having a few friends over to celebrate a special occasion like a birthday or an anniversary.
I would cook up something light to eat, have several choices of drinks and put on some background music to chat the night away.
That would be my way of course.

The thing is, I'm Peruvian, and celebrations have nothing light going for them. Culturally in my family we go big in terms of food and music.
There needs to be an array of foods to satisfy 50 hungry times twice over.
The amazing thing though, is the fact that it's usually one mom doing all the work, all day long!

So, here is my beef with that, how do you enjoy your party if you are slaving over in the kitchen since the day before and well into the party hours?

Today there is a birthday party happening at home and although I appreciate all the work my fiance's mom puts into, she ends the night exhausted and sometimes cranky. She spends the day chopping, and cooking, and stewing, and baking. Her food is amazing, don't get me wrong. She also charms her guests with her amazing cooking skills and they can't get enough of that.
But, is it worth it?

I'm not so sure, I would rather have someone else cook for my party or just go with the simple options.

I might be wrong here, keep in mind, I'm a very lazy person. I love to cook, but for my myself and my two guys. Anyone else who wants food can cook themselves.

Ok, mini-rant over.
What are your thoughts?

0 comments:

Contributors

Followers